Bed Bug Prevention Tips:
– Avoid Secondhand Items such as: used furniture, upholstery, bed frames, mattresses, box springs, and clothes (if clothes are brought home, then they should immediately be place inside the clothes dyer in hot temperature)
– Get Rid Of Clutters: Bed bugs love small spaces, clutters, cracks and crevices. These are ideal places where they will hide. Getting rid of possible hiding spots can help rid of or prevent infestations.
– Sleep at home: One of the major contributing factors to the rapid spread of bed bugs across the world is through frequent travelers. As people travel and sleep in different hotels, homes, condos, inns, apartments, etc…they are prone to carrying bed bugs back to their homes through clothes, luggage, and etc.
Preventing Bed Bugs While Traveling:
Avoid bringing your laundry in a cloth bag unless you plan to wash and dry the bag. Use light-coloured plastic baskets that are easy to inspect when they are empty.
Do not set your laundry basket on the floor, or near the seating area or trash cans. Place your basket on top of the washer and check it thoroughly before putting clean laundry back into it.
Check any chairs before you sit down.
Check the table used for folding laundry before putting your clean laundry on it, or fold your clean laundry at home
Before bringing luggage into your home, place it on a hard surface away from any places bedbugs could crawl to and hide, and check it carefully.
Unpack your clothing and check personal items (like hairbrush and cosmetic case).
Wash all clothing and fabric items in hot water, regardless of whether you wore them or not.
Dry non-washable items in the clothes dryer on the highest heat for 30 minutes.
Vacuum your luggage. Throw out the vacuum bag in a sealed garbage bag right away. Wash any vacuum cleaner brush or nozzle attachments you used in hot water with detergent. For a bagless vacuum cleaner, empty the dust collector into a garbage bag, throw out the bag immediately, and also wash the dust collector in hot water with detergent.
It is highly recommended by many professional pest control operators to carry along luggage sprays when traveling.
An Exterminator for Bed bugs control removal Tips:
- Inspect cracks and crevices on mattresses, box springs, and pillow case linings.
- Especially pay attention mattress seams and bedding for evidence of bed bug feces, eggs, or bloodstains.(Cluttered spaces attract and create potential hiding spots for bed bugs)
- Clothes should not be left on top of the bed or on any surfaces where an infestation may be present.
- Keep all luggage fully zipped to prevent entrance into suitcase or duffel bag.
- Elevate all luggages on top of a luggage stand, tabletop or a hard surface; separated and away from the walls.
- If there is an infestation, a sample should be kept and the hotel owner should be notified.
- Upon arrival all luggage should be inspected and treated with necessary pesticides recommended for luggage treatment. Clothing should be placed directly into the washer and dryer. Use hot water to wash and dry in high temperatures.